Residential and Commercial General Pest Control Services
Webbs Pest Management provide safe effective pest management services to residential and commercial customers in the Greater Mission Beach & Tully regions.
We live in the tropics and so Pests at some point will be a problem for most people. We can offer a 6 or 12 monthly General Pest Applications, dependant on your situation or we can simply come and treat when the problems arise.
General pests refer to most common pests (cockroaches, ants, spiders) other than Termites. Termite management requires specialized advice and treatment refer to our termite section. If you don't see your pest problem listed, just call Shane on 0488 769 096 and we will advise what can be done.
Fleas & Ticks
Rodents (Rats & Mice)
Birds (Pigeons etc)
- Feral Cats
The most common treatments are for Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders etc. The below information is a guide only and more specific treatments can be tailored to your needs. We have a selection of gels, baits and granules which can be used in alternative to the wet spray.
General Pest Control - Wet Sprays - What You Should Know!
1. You don’t have to do any preparation before you get a general spray done on your home. Therefore there is no need to empty any cupboards before the pest controller arrives (only if there is a bad infestation of German Cockroaches).
2. The chemicals used for a general pest control spray are totally safe for your family and pets. However we do recommend that any pet food and water bowls are removed prior to treatment and cleaned after treatment. The chemicals however used may harm reptiles and fish. We recommend that reptiles be removed and that fish tanks are covered and the aerator pumps turned off during treatment and ½ an hour after treatment.
3. If you are moving into a new home and would like to have it sprayed it is best to have it done before you move in to ensure complete coverage of the sprayed areas, i.e. no furniture to spray around and all cleaning done.
4. For best results any painting or cleaning including carpet cleaning should be done prior to the pest control being carried out. Do not clean down spider webs, this should be done 7 – 10 days after the treatment. Cleaning windows should also be left until after the job is done.
5. A general pest control treatment covers spiders, cockroaches and ants. It does not include termites, borers, rodents or fleas. These pests require a separate treatment. Rodent bait is used in either accessible roof voids (included in our General Pest application) or we can provide Bait Stations which we can regularly come back, check and refill as required. A small fee is charged accordingly.
7. The general spray is a residual treatment. The initial spray will kill any pests that are present. Pests that come in contact with the residue will not always die instantly. They become sick and eventually die.
8. If pests have only just come in contact with the residue they can appear quite normal. If they are in areas where they would not usually be seen, such as in the middle of the floor or wall during the day, the best thing to do is to monitor their condition. If new pests are continually being seen, then please call us, as a revisit or different approach may be required
9. A general pest control treatment should be carried out at least annually or 6 monthly for more problem areas, from the date of initial treatment to maintain a pest free home for you and your family. We will provide a reminder so that you don't let your protection run out.
For residential customers a general pest treatment for ants, cockroaches and spiders will involve a complete external spray to the building footprint, harbourages, soffits and entry points. Internally skirting boards will be treated along with gel bait treatments to cupboards and harbourages. An important area not always considered is the roof space. Many pests nest or harbour in this concealed area of your home, a dust like product can be placed in the roof space for effective, safe management of this area.
When booking a General Pest Treatment consideration should be given to having a Termite Inspection whilst we are already at your premises, we can offer the Termite inspection at a discounted rate.
Webbs Pest Management has experience in commercial and resort pest management. We can offer a range of services to businesses from Restaurants to Resort Complexes on a regular basis to ensure the safety and comfort of your customers, guests and staff.
Local Government Pest Management Plans
For our Commercial Customers with Kitchens we offer a Pest Management Planning system and issue folders to be kept in house for the Department of Health to sight on visits. We can attend your premises at a time to suit, early hours or after hours.